Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 27205 A daily prayer book with seliḥot (i.e. propitiatory prayers), Ashkenazi rite.
TitleA daily prayer book with seliḥot (i.e. propitiatory prayers), Ashkenazi rite.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 27205
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1179 and 1250
A daily prayer book with seliḥot (i.e. propitiatory prayers), Ashkenazi rite.
- Imperfect at the beginning and at the end.
- Margins too closely cut.
- Folios 1-12 and 109-118: insertions of probably the 14th century.
- Folio 185: probably of the 11th or 12th century, Sefardi origin.
- Folios 179-180: a palimpsest, the underlying text being that of a Latin manuscript of the 10th century, apparently containing ecclesiastical canons.
- Mosheh ha-Leṿi: inscribed in a half-erased entry, folio 1r.
- Uri bar Ya῾aḳov ha-Kohen: inscribed at the bottom of folio 1v.
- Menaḥem ben Uri and Menaḥem ben Menaḥem ha-Kohen: inscribed in the margin of folio 1v.
- Eliaḳim ben Ya῾aḳov Meshulam ha-Kohen: inscribed, folio 4v.
Extent185 folios; 185 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Selichoth. german Use. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Additional 27,205.'
- Acquisition: Giuseppe Almanzi (b. 1801, d. 1860), bibliophile his manuscript no. 319; his library including 322 medieval Hebrew manuscripts were purchased en bloc by the British Museum in October 1865 for £1,000 through Asher & Co., Berlin dealer to the British Museum (see 131-153): inscribed, folio [186v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 27205: A daily prayer book with seliḥot (i.e. propitiatory prayers), Ashkenazi rite. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 27205: A daily prayer book with seliḥot (i.e. propitiatory prayers), Ashkenazi rite.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
add_ms_27205_fcontrol2.jpg (5.5 MB)
add_ms_27205_fcontrol2_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
add_ms_27205_fcontrol2_web.jpg (453.1 KB)