Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 4707 The Pentateuch scroll.
TitleThe Pentateuch scroll.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 4707
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
The Pentateuch scroll.
- Roller handle broken but attached to scroll.
- Very occasional stains, wax, etc.
- Occasional and slight mould mottling on verso.
- Ink flaky in places.
Extent70 membranes, 268 columns.; 70 membranes, 268 columns.
BindingBM in-house. Boxed.
- Acquisition: Presented to the British Museum by Solomon da Costa on 02 June 1759: inscribed on verso, and on the wooden roller.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 4707: The Pentateuch scroll. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 4707: The Pentateuch scroll.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.