Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Add MS 5242 Polyglot Bible and fragments of liturgical texts.
TitlePolyglot Bible and fragments of liturgical texts.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberAdd MS 5242
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
LanguageHebrew; Latin; Modern Greek (1453-); Classical Syriac; Syriac; Jewish Babylonian Aramaic (ca. 200-1200 CE); Arabic; Persian; Geez; Coptic; Castilian, Spanish; Italian; French; German
Polyglot Bible and fragments of liturgical texts.
- Usage stains.
- Infilled at corners and edges.
- Burn-through of ink on most heavily inked parts of text.
- Folios 21v-25v: calculations, drawings and scribblings.
- Folio 25v: a paste-down with a Latin description of the manuscript.
Extent20 folios; 20 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Polyglotta. Brit. Mus. Additional 5242.'
- Henry Aldrich
- Acquisition: Sir Hans Sloane (b. 1660, d. 1753), baronet, physician and collector; purchased as part of the Sloane collection from Sloane's executors and incorporated into the newly founded British Museum in 1753.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Add MS 5242: Polyglot Bible and fragments of liturgical texts. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Add MS 5242: Polyglot Bible and fragments of liturgical texts.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
add_ms_5242_control2.jpg (2.1 MB)
add_ms_5242_control2_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
add_ms_5242_control2_web.jpg (95.8 KB)