Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Harley MS 5521 Divre ha-yamim (דברי הימים)
TitleDivre ha-yamim (דברי הימים)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberHarley MS 5521
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
LanguageJewish Babylonian Aramaic (ca. 200-1200 CE)
Targum on Chronicles, provided with vowel-points.
- Folio 1r: owner's note: Sum Jois Covel ex dono Mri. Dom. Duckfield. M. Charissimi viri. maij 9 1702.
Extent62 folio; 62 folio
FoliationOriginal Latin pagination.
BindingPost-1600, Harleian binding of brown leather.
- Acquisition: John Covel (b. 1638, d. 1722), chaplain of the Levant Company in Constantinople 1670-1676: a note in his hand (folio 1r) (); sold, together with Covel's other manuscripts, to Edward Harley for £300 on 27 February 1715/6. The Harley Collection, formed by Robert Harley (b. 1661, d. 1724), 1st earl of Oxford and Mortimer, politician, and Edward Harley (b. 1689, d. 1741), 2nd earl of Oxford and Mortimer, book collector and patron of the arts. Edward Harley bequeathed the library to his widow, Henrietta Cavendish, née Holles (b. 1694, d. 1755) during her lifetime and thereafter to their daughter, Margaret Cavendish Bentinck (b. 1715, d. 1785), duchess of Portland; the manuscripts were sold by the Countess and the Duchess in 1753 to the nation for £10,000 (a fraction of their contemporary value) under the Act of Parliament that also established the British Museum; the Harley manuscripts form one of the foundation collections of the British Library.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Harley MS 5521: Divre ha-yamim (דברי הימים) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Harley MS 5521: Divre ha-yamim (דברי הימים). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 29v — 2 Chronicles
10243_0063.jpg (4.0 MB)
10243_0063_thumb.jpg (7.9 KB)
10243_0063_web.jpg (465.0 KB)
Section: 2 Chronicles
harley_ms_5521_control2.jpg (4.1 MB)
harley_ms_5521_control2_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
harley_ms_5521_control2_web.jpg (278.4 KB)