Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Harley MS 5708 Torah ῾im perush Rashi (תורה עם פרוש רש"י)
TitleTorah ῾im perush Rashi (תורה עם פרוש רש"י)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberHarley MS 5708
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1300 and 1399
The Pentateuch with Rashi's commentary.
- Several pages are stained or foxed.
- Giovanni Domenico Carretto: Italian censor (active in the first quarter of the 17th century): inscribed with his name, 1612? (folio 123v); see 100-101.
Extent124 folios; 124 folios
BindingPost-1600. Black leather with the Harley coat of arms in the centre.
- Acquisition: The Harley Collection, formed by Robert Harley (b. 1661, d. 1724), 1st earl of Oxford and Mortimer, politician, and Edward Harley (b. 1689, d. 1741), 2nd earl of Oxford and Mortimer, book collector and patron of the arts. Edward Harley bequeathed the library to his widow, Henrietta Cavendish, née Holles (b. 1694, d. 1755) during her lifetime and thereafter to their daughter, Margaret Cavendish Bentinck (b. 1715, d.1785), duchess of Portland; the manuscripts were sold by the Countess and the Duchess in 1753 to the nation for £10,000 (a fraction of their contemporary value) under the Act of Parliament that also established the British Museum; the Harley manuscripts form one of the foundation collections of the British Library.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Harley MS 5708: Torah ῾im perush Rashi (תורה עם פרוש רש"י) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Harley MS 5708: Torah ῾im perush Rashi (תורה עם פרוש רש"י). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
12970_0006.jpg (3.3 MB)
12970_0006_thumb.jpg (5.2 KB)
12970_0006_web.jpg (389.4 KB)
12970_0064.jpg (3.3 MB)
12970_0064_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
12970_0064_web.jpg (425.1 KB)
12970_0130.jpg (3.9 MB)
12970_0130_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
12970_0130_web.jpg (418.8 KB)
12970_0171.jpg (4.0 MB)
12970_0171_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
12970_0171_web.jpg (436.7 KB)
12970_0214.jpg (4.0 MB)
12970_0214_thumb.jpg (7.0 KB)
12970_0214_web.jpg (499.0 KB)
harley_ms_5708_control1.jpg (6.3 MB)
harley_ms_5708_control1_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
harley_ms_5708_control1_web.jpg (646.8 KB)