Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 1086 Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
TitleMegilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 1086
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1500 and 1699
The Book of Esther.
- A few scrapes/delaminations on leather writing surface.
- Substantial and deliberate fold between each text column.
Extent6 membranes, 20 columns.; 6 membranes, 20 columns.
BindingBM in-house (boxed).
- Acquisition: Bequeathed to the British Museum by Rev. J. Noble Coleman on 25 May 1872.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 1086: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 1086: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.