Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 1087 Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
TitleMegilat Ester (מגלת אסתר)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 1087
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
The book of Esther.
- From the collection of Adam Clarke (b. 1762, d. 1832), Wesleyan Methodist minister and scholar: inscribed, folio 1v.
- Folio 1v (paper flyleaf at the beginning of the manuscript): a note of ownership of J. Noble Coleman: his bookplate with Latin inscription: recte sed suaviter (inner upper cover). The manuscript was given to him by George Pope, having been bought from a bookseller in Bristol.
Extent20 folios; 20 folios
BindingPost-1600. Brown leather. Gold tooled. Spine title: 'Esther. Hebrew. Oriental 1087.'
- Acquisition: Rev. John Noble Coleman (b. 1793, d.1872), Methodist missionary and scholar: bequeathed by him to the British Museum on 25 May 1872.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 1087: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 1087: Megilat Ester (מגלת אסתר). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
12991_0006.jpg (4.4 MB)
12991_0006_thumb.jpg (2.8 KB)
12991_0006_web.jpg (231.5 KB)
Section: מגלת אסתר
Section: Megilat Ester
or_1087_fcontrol2.jpg (4.5 MB)
or_1087_fcontrol2_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
or_1087_fcontrol2_web.jpg (255.2 KB)