Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 1457.1 The Pentateuch scroll.
TitleThe Pentateuch scroll.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 1457.1
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
The Pentateuch scroll.
- Staining and water damage throughout, in patches.
- Dirt, mud, accretions, deliberate erasures.
- Some dark, contracted edges.
- Some abraded surfaces and delamination.
- Ink falking in parts, with losses of text.
- Ink offset on verso.
Extent16 membranes, 35 columns.; 16 membranes, 35 columns.
BindingBM in-house. Boxed.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 1457.1: The Pentateuch scroll. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 1457.1: The Pentateuch scroll.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.