Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2368 Shemot (שמות)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2368
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
LanguageHebrew; Jewish Babylonian Aramaic (ca. 200-1200 CE); Judeo-Arabic
The book of Exodus with a verse-by-verse translation into Aramaic, an Arabic translation of Sa'adia Gaon, and provided with the simple superlinear punctuation.
- Much stained or blurred in parts, occasionally also a little damaged. Imperfect at the beginning and also having lacunae between some leaves in the body of the mss.
Extent86 folios; 86 folios
Decorated parashah signs.
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 23 July 1881.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2368: Shemot (שמות) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2368: Shemot (שמות). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2368_control1.jpg (6.5 MB)
or_2368_control1_thumb.jpg (8.2 KB)
or_2368_control1_web.jpg (647.8 KB)