Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2381 Midrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ)
TitleMidrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2381
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Midrash ha-ḥefets, a philosophical midrash on the Pentateuch by Zechariah ben Solomon ha-Rofe, aka Yaḥya ben Saliman.
- Defective at the beginning and at the end.
- Leaves missing after folios: 178, 189, 190, 208, 216, 227, 236.
- Several leaves more or less damaged.
- Saliman ibn Yaḥya Alḥarizi: inscribed, folio 141v.
Extent238 folios; 238 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine title: 'Midrash ha-Chafets. Hebrew & Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2381.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 23 July 1881: inscribed, folio [239v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2381: Midrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2381: Midrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2381_control1.jpg (6.2 MB)
or_2381_control1_thumb.jpg (8.7 KB)
or_2381_control1_web.jpg (656.3 KB)