Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2382 Midrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ)
TitleMidrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2382
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Midrash ha-ḥefets, a philosophical midrash on the Pentateuch by Zechariah ben Solomon ha-Rofe, aka Yaḥya ben Saliman.
- Imperfect at the beginning and at the end.
- Several leaves more or less damaged.
- A record of birth of Se'adyah ben Mosheh: inscribed, folio 157r.
Extent304 folios; 304 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine title: 'Midrash ha-Chafets. Hebrew and Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2382.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 23 July 1881: inscribed, folio [305v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2382: Midrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2382: Midrash ha-ḥefets (מדרש החפץ). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2382_control1.jpg (6.4 MB)
or_2382_control1_thumb.jpg (9.2 KB)
or_2382_control1_web.jpg (755.7 KB)