Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2454 A glossary of the difficult words of the Bible, explained in Persian.
TitleA glossary of the difficult words of the Bible, explained in Persian.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2454
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1804 and 1805
A glossary of the difficult words of the Bible, explained in Persian.
- Leaves missing after folio 48.
- Damp entry at all edges.
- Tidemarks and ink runs, with some loss of text.
Extent54 folios; 54 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Glossary of Biblical Words. Hebrew-Persian. Brit. Mus. Or. Ms. 2454.'
- Acquisition: Adolf Neubauer (b. 1831, d. 1907), a librarian at the Bodleian Library and a reader in rabbinic Hebrew at Oxford University: purchased from him on 24 June 1882: inscribed, folio [55v] (fse001v).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2454: A glossary of the difficult words of the Bible, explained in Persian. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2454: A glossary of the difficult words of the Bible, explained in Persian.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2454_control1.jpg (2.5 MB)
or_2454_control1_thumb.jpg (4.5 KB)
or_2454_control1_web.jpg (280.4 KB)