Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2466 Perush Shemot (פרוש שמות)
TitlePerush Shemot (פרוש שמות)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2466
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
A fragment of Judeo-Arabic commentary of Japheth ben Ali on Exodus 18-20.
- There are lacunae after folios 2, 34, 44, 103 and 117.
- Defective at the end.
- Several folios have been water-damaged and stained.
- Yeshu῾ah Rofe᾿ ben Mordekhai Rofe᾿: inscribed, folio 1r.
Extent120 folios; 120 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Yefet Com. on Exodus. Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2466.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 08 July 1882, folio [121v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2466: Perush Shemot (פרוש שמות) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2466: Perush Shemot (פרוש שמות). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2466_control2.jpg (5.7 MB)
or_2466_control2_thumb.jpg (9.2 KB)
or_2466_control2_web.jpg (587.0 KB)