Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2470 Perush Shemot (פרוש שמות)
TitlePerush Shemot (פרוש שמות)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2470
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1599
A fragment of Judeo-Arabic commentary of Japheth ben Ali on Exodus 17:5-20:14.
- The last quire is imperfect, the last three leaves having been lost.
- Several folios have been damaged and later restored on modern paper.
Extent57 folios; 57 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Yefet Com. on Exodus. Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2470.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 08 July 1882, folio [58v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2470: Perush Shemot (פרוש שמות) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2470: Perush Shemot (פרוש שמות). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2470_fcontrol2.jpg (5.8 MB)
or_2470_fcontrol2_thumb.jpg (7.9 KB)
or_2470_fcontrol2_web.jpg (530.6 KB)