Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2475 Perush Be-midbar (פרוש במדבר)
TitlePerush Be-midbar (פרוש במדבר)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2475
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1500 and 1699
A fragment of Judeo-Arabic commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on Numbers (22-36).
- Imperfect, with lacunae after folio 27, 47, 87, 93 and 123.
- Folios 127r-128r supply the contents of the missing leaf after folio 123.
Extent130 folios; 130 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Yefet. Com. on Numbers. Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2475.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 08 July 1882, folio [131v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2475: Perush Be-midbar (פרוש במדבר) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2475: Perush Be-midbar (פרוש במדבר). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2475_control2.jpg (6.1 MB)
or_2475_control2_thumb.jpg (8.6 KB)
or_2475_control2_web.jpg (614.7 KB)