Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2502 The third part of the commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on the book of Isaiah.
TitleThe third part of the commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on the book of Isaiah.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2502
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1500 and 1599
The third part of the commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on the book of Isaiah.
- Several of the extant folios have been more or less damaged and/or mutilated.
- Lacuane after folios: 170, 227, 272.
- Yosef Kohen ben Avraham ... ben Yosef Kohen: inscribed, folio 1r.
- Shemu᾿el ben Yehudah ben Shemu᾿el: inscribed, folio 1r.
Extent272 folios; 272 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Yefet. Commentary on Isaiah. Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2502.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 08 July 1882, folio [273v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2502: The third part of the commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on the book of Isaiah. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2502: The third part of the commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on the book of Isaiah.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2502_control2.jpg (5.5 MB)
or_2502_control2_thumb.jpg (7.9 KB)
or_2502_control2_web.jpg (558.2 KB)