Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2511 Perush Iyov (פרוש איוב)
TitlePerush Iyov (פרוש איוב)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2511
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
The commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on the book of Job, chapters 23-42.
- Lacunae after folios: 7, 8, 16, 22, 53, 71, 91, 99, 107, 115, 119, 133, 143.
- Many folios stained or water-damaged.
- Folio 150v contains a geneology of the previous owner and a rhyme.
- Avraham ben Shelomoh ben Shemu᾿el ben Eliyahu ben Aharon ben Yitsḥaḳ ben Eliyahu Firuz: inscribed in a note, folio 1r .
- An entry recording the name and genealogy of the same owner is also found on folio 150v.
Extent150 folios; 150 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Yefet. Comm. on Job. Vol. II. Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2511.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 08 July 1882, folio [151v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2511: Perush Iyov (פרוש איוב) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2511: Perush Iyov (פרוש איוב). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2511_control2.jpg (8.8 MB)
or_2511_control2_thumb.jpg (7.8 KB)
or_2511_control2_web.jpg (512.9 KB)