Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2517 Perush
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2517
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1500 and 1700
Salmon ben Yeroḥam's Arabic commentary on the book of Ecclesiastes and a Karaite commentary on the book of Esther.
- Many folios partially water-damaged.
- Folio 147r is now attached to the manuscript, but originally belonged to a prayerbook; dated 1788.
ExtentPart I: Folios 1-107. Part II: Folios 108-146.;
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Salmon ben Yerucham. Comm. on Ecclesiastes, etc. Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2517.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 08 July 1882, back flyleaf [i]v.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2517: Perush are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2517: Perush. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
13235_0006.jpg (3.6 MB)
13235_0006_thumb.jpg (6.6 KB)
13235_0006_web.jpg (407.0 KB)
Section: Commentary on the book of Ecclesiastes
13235_0220.jpg (3.4 MB)
13235_0220_thumb.jpg (5.8 KB)
13235_0220_web.jpg (415.2 KB)
Section: Commentary on the book of Esther
or_2517_control1.jpg (6.7 MB)
or_2517_control1_thumb.jpg (8.3 KB)
or_2517_control1_web.jpg (621.1 KB)