Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2549 Perushim
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2549
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1000 and 1099
Two fragments of Japhet ben Ali Arabic commentaries, on Jeremiah and Ezekiel, respectively.
- Many of the extant leaves are more or less mutilated.
- Lacunae after folios: 8, 27, 67, 78, 84, 85, 87, 88, 89, 90, 96, 97, 105, 111, 132, 140.
- Several folios damaged, with signs of book-worming.
- Lacunae after folios: 148, 155, 156, 225, 233, 234, 238, 269, 288, 294, 296, 298, 301.
- Many folios damaged and/or stained.
ExtentPart I: Folios 1-140. Part II: Folios 141-308.;
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Jeremiah and Ezekiel. Yefet's Commentary. Hebrew & Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2549.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Museum from him on 08 July 1882, folio [309v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2549: Perushim are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2549: Perushim. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
- fol. 141r — Commentary on Ezekiel
13253_0318.jpg (2.9 MB)
13253_0318_thumb.jpg (6.7 KB)
13253_0318_web.jpg (435.0 KB)
Section: Commentary on Ezekiel
or_2549_control2.jpg (6.4 MB)
or_2549_control2_thumb.jpg (7.9 KB)
or_2549_control2_web.jpg (612.7 KB)