Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2556 Perushim (פרושים)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2556
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1000 and 1040
The commentary of Japheth ben Ali ha-Levi on the books of Daniel, Ezra-Nehemiah and Chronicles (fragments).
- Gaps after folios 2, 3, 7, 13, 19, 25, 34, 35, 46, 55, 62, 68, 69, 77, 79, 88, 90, 96, 97, 104, 113, 120, 121, 122.
- Imperfect at the beginning and at the end.
- Most of the folios are more or less damaged (the best preserved part of the volume being folio 70-113).Modern restoration, stuck on paper.
- Yesh῾ayah ben Tsaliḥ ben ῾Azaryahu (and also of Or 2554): inscribed, folio 87r.
Extent129 folios; 129 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah, Chronicles, with Commentary. Hebrew and Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2556.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), an antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 08 July 1882, folio [130v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2556: Perushim (פרושים) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2556: Perushim (פרושים). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2556_fcontrol1.jpg (7.0 MB)
or_2556_fcontrol1_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
or_2556_fcontrol1_web.jpg (478.9 KB)