Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2574 Fragments of Karaite commentaries.
TitleFragments of Karaite commentaries.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2574
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1000 and 1199
Two fragments of Karaite legal commentaries.
- Much damaged.
- All extant leaves inlaid between sheets of tissue paper, fixed on guards.
Extent43 folios; 43 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine title: 'Comments on Mitsvoth. Etc. Arabic. Brit. Mus. Or. 2574.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), a antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Museum from him on 08 July 1882: inscribed (folio [45v]).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2574: Fragments of Karaite commentaries. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2574: Fragments of Karaite commentaries.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
Table of contents
13262_0008.jpg (3.4 MB)
13262_0008_thumb.jpg (6.5 KB)
13262_0008_web.jpg (416.4 KB)
Section: A commentary on the laws of uncleanness
13262_0080.jpg (4.0 MB)
13262_0080_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
13262_0080_web.jpg (453.6 KB)
Section: A commentary on Genesis
or_2574_control1.jpg (4.3 MB)
or_2574_control1_thumb.jpg (7.9 KB)
or_2574_control1_web.jpg (370.8 KB)