Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2592 A talmudic dictionary.
TitleA talmudic dictionary.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2592
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1300 and 1499
A talmudic dictionary.
- Incomplete at the beginning.
- Water damage and worming throughout.
- Most leaves laminated and all guarded individually before rebinding.
- Edges brittle.
Extent86 folios; 86 folios
BindingBM/BL in-house. Spine: 'Dictionary of Roots. Hebrew & Arabic. Brit. Mus. Oriental 2592.'
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased from him by the British Museum on 08 July 1882: inscribed, folio [87v] (fse001v).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2592: A talmudic dictionary. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2592: A talmudic dictionary.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2592_colour2.jpg (4.8 MB)
or_2592_colour2_thumb.jpg (7.3 KB)
or_2592_colour2_web.jpg (363.1 KB)