Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2596 Grammatical writing.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2596
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
LanguageHebrew; Jewish Babylonian Aramaic (ca. 200-1200 CE)
Between 1700 and 1799
- Darkening and damp stains around edges.
- Usage stains. Dirt at lower corners.
- Repaired and guarded before rebinding.
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Helek Had-Dikduk. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Oriental Ms. 2596.'
- Salam Yitsḥaḳ
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased from him by the British Museum on 08 July 1882: inscribed, folio [44v] (fse001v).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2596: Grammatical writing. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2596: Grammatical writing.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_2596_control1.jpg (2.6 MB)
or_2596_control1_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
or_2596_control1_web.jpg (202.1 KB)