Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 2704 Torah
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 2704
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
LanguageHebrew; Jewish Babylonian Aramaic (ca. 200-1200 CE); Judeo-Arabic
Between 1300 and 1499
A large part of the books of Numbers and Deuteronomy with a verse-by-verse translation into Aramaic and Arabic, provided with a simple superlinear punctuation.
- Many pages damaged and stained, ink partially faded. Some of the pages used as a scrapbook.
ExtentPart I: Folios 1-48 . Part II: Folios 49-56.;
- Acquisition: Moses Wilhelm Shapira (b. 1830, d. 1884), antiquities dealer of Jerusalem: purchased by the British Library from him on 12 January 1884 ([58v]).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 2704: Torah are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 2704: Torah. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
13170_0006.jpg (6.2 MB)
13170_0006_thumb.jpg (6.6 KB)
13170_0006_web.jpg (437.3 KB)
13170_0112.jpg (5.9 MB)
13170_0112_thumb.jpg (7.7 KB)
13170_0112_web.jpg (489.7 KB)
or_2704_control2.jpg (9.2 MB)
or_2704_control2_thumb.jpg (8.7 KB)
or_2704_control2_web.jpg (679.7 KB)