Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 4224 The Book of Esther.
TitleThe Book of Esther.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 4224
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1599
The Book of Esther.
- Leather often fibrous on verso.
- First column of text darker and difficult to read.
- Strap broken off short.
- Cockling/creasing and vertical marks from rolling.
- Surface occasionally disturbed by erasures.
- Slight worming at edges.
- A few tears, losses, and edges rolling over.
- Crease between text columns.
Extent5 membranes, 16 columns.; 5 membranes, 16 columns.
BindingBM in-house (boxed).
- Acquisition: Acquired by the British Museum from C.D. Ginsburg on 17 February 1891.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 4224: The Book of Esther. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 4224: The Book of Esther.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.