Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 4786 The Book of Esther.
TitleThe Book of Esther.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 4786
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1600 and 1699
The Book of Esther.
- Parchment slightly inflexible, with creases.
- Uneven trimming at lower edge and, in part, losses of printing at head.
- Dark at edges and outer end (dirt and slight damp mottling).
- Usage and rust stains, a smear of green pigment on verso.
- One small loss to rodent at outer end.
- Binyamin Ze᾿ev ben Yehudah Shtoḳfish and Yosef ben Eli῾ezer Mosheh Ferar (?): inscribed at head.
Extent5 membranes, 31 columns.; 5 membranes, 31 columns.
BindingBM in-house (boxed).
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 4786: The Book of Esther. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 4786: The Book of Esther.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.