Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 5405 The Pentateuch scroll.
TitleThe Pentateuch scroll.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 5405
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1500 and 1599
The Pentateuch scroll.
- Damage at edges: tidemark at foot, top edge dark, with lots of tears.
- Splits along column folds.
- Shedding fragments.
- Oversewn, and sewing split in several areas.
- Slight worming.
- Some salt accretions.
- Mould mottling on verso.
Extent14 membranes, 52 columns.; 14 membranes, 52 columns.
BindingBM in-house. Boxed.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 5405: The Pentateuch scroll. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 5405: The Pentateuch scroll.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.