Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 74 A daily prayer book in an Italian translation in Hebrew characters.
TitleA daily prayer book in an Italian translation in Hebrew characters.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 74
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1499
A daily prayer book in an Italian translation in Hebrew characters.
- Eli῾ezer Rovigo: inscribed, folio 1r, 2r.
- Folio 170v: 'Si concede questo officio uulgaro a' M' Leon di Ruuigo heb per me F Luigi sine che uenga la risuletiona da Roma se li officii delli hebrei siano proibiti come li uulgari de christiani.'
- Folio 170r: '1555 die x. decembris Reuisus per D. Jacobum Geraldini commiss[arium] apostolicum. Ceasar Belliossus curiae apostol. Bononiensis et dicti D. commiss[arii] not[arius] jurid.'
Extent170 folios; 170 folios
BindingPost-1600. Brown leather. Gold and blind tooled. Spine: 'Machzor. Italian. Hebrew Character. Brit. Mus. Oriental 74.'
- Acquisition: M. Aschkenazi of Tunis: purchased by the British Museum on 22 April 1868: inscribed, [171v].
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Or 74: A daily prayer book in an Italian translation in Hebrew characters. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 74: A daily prayer book in an Italian translation in Hebrew characters.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_74_control2.jpg (5.5 MB)
or_74_control2_thumb.jpg (7.6 KB)
or_74_control2_web.jpg (349.2 KB)