Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 9900 כתובים (Ketuvim)
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 9900
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1449
Parts of the Hagiographa: Psalms, Proverbs, Job, and Five Scrolls.
- Tidemark at head, sometimes at edges.
- Front paper leaves repaired/infilled before rebinding.
- Incomplete at the end.
Extent239 folios; 239 folios
BindingBM in-house, half-bound. Spine: 'Psalms, Prov., Job, & V Megilloth. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Oriental 9900.'
- Acquisition: Moses Gaster (b. 1856, d. 1939), scholar and rabbi: his manuscript, Cod. G. 712: inscribed with his name (folios 1r, 237r); purchased by the British Museum from him on 12 April, 1924: inscribed (back flyleaf [ii]v).
- Catalogue of Hebrew Manuscripts in the Gaster Collection, the British Library, London (London: Hebrew Section. Oriental and India Office Collection, 1996).
- These images and the content of British Library Or 9900: כתובים (Ketuvim) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 9900: כתובים (Ketuvim). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_9900_control2.jpg (2.3 MB)
or_9900_control2_thumb.jpg (6.8 KB)
or_9900_control2_web.jpg (254.1 KB)