Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 9912 Targumic paraphrase to the Song of Songs accompanied with an Arabic translation
TitleTargumic paraphrase to the Song of Songs accompanied with an Arabic translation
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 9912
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1800 and 1899
Targumic paraphrase to the Song of Songs accompanied with an Arabic translation
- Uniform layout.
- Slight water damage.
- Scribbles on the first and last pages (folios 1r and 41v).
Extent41 folios; 41 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Brit. Mus. Or. 9912. Song of Songs. Aramaic & Arabic.'
- Acquisition: Moses Gaster (b. 1856, d. 1939), scholar and rabbi: his manuscript, Cod. G. 753: inscribed with his name (folio 1r); purchased by the British Museum from him on 12 April, 1924: inscribed (back flyleaf [i]v).
- Catalogue of Hebrew Manuscripts in the Gaster Collection, the British Library, London (London: Hebrew Section. Oriental and India Office Collection, 1996).
- These images and the content of British Library Or 9912: Targumic paraphrase to the Song of Songs accompanied with an Arabic translation are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 9912: Targumic paraphrase to the Song of Songs accompanied with an Arabic translation. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_9912_control1.jpg (2.1 MB)
or_9912_control1_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
or_9912_control1_web.jpg (260.1 KB)