Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 9957 Midrash ha-gadol (on Numbers from parashah 'Huḳat')
TitleMidrash ha-gadol (on Numbers from parashah 'Huḳat')
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 9957
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1400 and 1599
Midrash ha-gadol (on Numbers from parashah 'Huḳat')
- Paper patched, some leaves are on guards.
- Silk glauze in several places.
Extent175 folios; 175 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Midrash Haggadol on Numbers. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Oriental 9957.'
- Acquisition: Moses Gaster (b. 1856, d. 1939), scholar and rabbi: his manuscript, Cod. G. 11: inscribed with his name (folio 1r); purchased by the British Museum from him on 12 April, 1924: inscribed (back flyleaf [ii]v).
- Catalogue of Hebrew Manuscripts in the Gaster Collection, the British Library, London (London: Hebrew Section. Oriental and India Office Collection, 1996).
- These images and the content of British Library Or 9957: Midrash ha-gadol (on Numbers from parashah 'Huḳat') are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 9957: Midrash ha-gadol (on Numbers from parashah 'Huḳat'). This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_9957_control2.jpg (1.6 MB)
or_9957_control2_thumb.jpg (6.9 KB)
or_9957_control2_web.jpg (266.9 KB)