Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Or 9958 Midrash on the Pentateuch
TitleMidrash on the Pentateuch
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberOr 9958
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Midrash on the Pentateuch
- Paper is patched; first 6 leaves are on guards.
- Water damage.
- Silk gauze on folio 1.
Extent202 folios; 202 folios
BindingBM in-house. Spine: 'Midrash on Pentateuch. Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Oriental 9958.'
- אלדיאעי, דוד בן זכריה
- Acquisition: Moses Gaster (b. 1856, d. 1939), scholar and rabbi: his manuscript, Cod. G. 231: inscribed with his name (folios 2r, 113v, 201v, 202r); purchased by the British Museum from him on 12 April, 1924: inscribed (back flyleaf [ii]v).
- Catalogue of Hebrew Manuscripts in the Gaster Collection, the British Library, London (London: Hebrew Section. Oriental and India Office Collection, 1996).
- These images and the content of British Library Or 9958: Midrash on the Pentateuch are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Or 9958: Midrash on the Pentateuch. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
or_9958_control2.jpg (2.0 MB)
or_9958_control2_thumb.jpg (6.7 KB)
or_9958_control2_web.jpg (275.3 KB)