Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Sloane MS 2641 The Book of Esther.
TitleThe Book of Esther.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberSloane MS 2641
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
Between 1600 and 1699
The Book of Esther.
- The wooden case has minor losses to handle and ends.
- The outermost membrane has non-sewn joint at centre, silked on recto to contain pigments.
Extent3 membranes, 17 columns.; 3 membranes, 17 columns.
BindingBM in-house (boxed).
- Acquisition: Sir Hans Sloane: baronet, physician and collector (b. 1660, d. 1753): in his collection; acquired by the British Museum in 1753.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Sloane MS 2641: The Book of Esther. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Sloane MS 2641: The Book of Esther.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.