Collection ID: 0047 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Sloane MS 3385 Grammatical and lexicographical notes.
TitleGrammatical and lexicographical notes.
- The Polonsky Foundation
Call numberSloane MS 3385
(London, United Kingdom, British Library, Hebrew Manuscripts Digitisation Project)
LanguageEnglish; Latin; Hebrew
Between 1600 and 1676
Grammatical and lexicographical notes.
- Dirt at edges and ends.
- A few usage stains.
- 'A grace before meat' (folio 54r).
Extent55 folios; 55 folios
BindingBM in-house. Sloane's coat of arms. Spine: 'W. Paxton. Observations on Hebrew. Brit. Mus. Sloane Ms. 3385.'
- Richard Paxton
- Thomas Ridley
- Humphrey Ridley
- Richard Ridley
- Acquisition: Sir Hans Sloane (b. 1660, d. 1753), baronet, physician and collector. Purchased as part of the Sloane collection from Sloane's executors and incorporated into the newly founded British Museum in 1753.
- Manuscript description based on Margoliouth, G.: Catalogue of the Hebrew and Samaritan Manuscripts in the British Museum, London 1965.
- These images and the content of British Library Sloane MS 3385: Grammatical and lexicographical notes. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, British Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about British Library Sloane MS 3385: Grammatical and lexicographical notes.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.
sloane_ms_3385_control2.jpg (3.6 MB)
sloane_ms_3385_control2_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
sloane_ms_3385_control2_web.jpg (295.1 KB)