Collection ID: 0050 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 93G Manāfiʻ-i kalāgh ... / منافع کلاغ
TitleManāfiʻ-i kalāgh ...
- Ibn Bakhtīshūʻ, ʻUbayd Allāh ibn Jibrāʾīl
ابن بختىشوع، عبىد الله بن جبرائيل
Call numberIslamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 93G
(Princeton, Princeton University, Princeton University Library)
According to Moghadam, the leaf is from the late 13th century; likely from Iran.
- between 1275 and 1299
Leaf from the Manāfiʻ al-ḥayawān, with a miniature depicting two crows, one of which stands on a rock, and a fruiting tree in the background.
- Ms. leaf.
- Title from heading.
- Physical description: 13 lines per page; written in medium naskh in black on tan Arabic paper. Text framed in double red lines. Rubrication and catchwords. Heading in large, dark blue Kufic script. Lower outer corner repaired. On verso is a miniature measuring 110 x 96 mm.
Extent1 leaf : 263 x 203 (227 x 167) mm
- Robert Garrett (Class of 1897),
- Materia medica, Animal--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Persian--Iran--13th century
- Miniatures (Illuminations)--Iran--13th century
- These images and the content of Princeton University Library Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 93G: Manāfiʻ-i kalāgh ... are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Princeton University Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Princeton University Library Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 93G: Manāfiʻ-i kalāgh .... This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.