Collection ID: 0050 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 96G Portrait of Riz̤ā ʻAbbāsī.
TitlePortrait of Riz̤ā ʻAbbāsī.
- Muʻīn Muṣavvir, active 1635-1697
Call numberIslamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 96G
(Princeton, Princeton University, Princeton University Library)
- 1673 or 4
Portrait of the famous Persian miniaturist Riz̤ā ʻAbbāsī by his student Muʻīn Muṣavvir. The subject wears spectacles and is holding a picture of a European which he is painting, with the implements of his craft spread around him (description by Moghadam).
- Image + illuminated frame: 32.4 x 21.3 cm.
- Mounted: 51.4 x 41.3 cm.
- Gouache and gold on paper; portrait is framed in illuminated borders; mounted on cardboard. Entire piece framed in modern black frame with ivory matting and glass.
- Dated Ramaḍān 1084 H [December 1673 or January 1674].
Extent1 painting on paper : image 18.7 x 10.3 cm
SupportGouache and gold
- Robert Garrett (Princeton Class of 1897),
- Riz̤ā-ʼi ʻAbbāsī,--Āqā,--approximately 1570-1635?--Portraits--Specimens
- Miniatures (Illuminations)--Iran--17th century
- These images and the content of Princeton University Library Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 96G: Portrait of Riz̤ā ʻAbbāsī. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Princeton University Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Princeton University Library Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 96G: Portrait of Riz̤ā ʻAbbāsī.. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.