Collection ID: 0050 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 3520Y Kitāb Naẓm al-durar al-sanīyah fī al-siyar al-zakīyah / / كتاب نظم الدرر السنية في السير الزكية
TitleKitāb Naẓm al-durar al-sanīyah fī al-siyar al-zakīyah /
كتاب نظم الدرر السنية في السير الزكية
- ʻIrāqī, ʻAbd al-Raḥīm ibn al-Ḥusayn, 1325-1404
عراقي، عبد الرحيم بن الحسين
Call numberIslamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 3520Y
(Princeton, Princeton University, Princeton University Library)
- bibid: 4794862
- before 1389
Autograph copy of a biography of the Prophet Muḥammad in 1000 rajaz verses (GAL).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (fol. 1a).
- 13 to 16 lines per page. Written in large casual naskh in thick black ink with use of red for decorations and re-inking. Dark cream glazed paper with laid and chain lines (grouped by two and three) visible. Fol. 18-19 are later replacements (light cream glazed paper with chain and laid lines visible). Some words are crossed out with a later version in the margin (see fol. 13a). On fol. (i)a: Ownership statements with seals; waqf mention; inscriptions. On fol. 1a: Title; long note (almost illegible); ownership statements; waqf. Several reading statements in the margin of fol. 4a, 6a, etc. On fol. 37b-40b: Several audition certificates (samāʻ) by the author's hand, the last dated 12 Dhū al-Ḥujjah 791 H. . Catchword on the verso of each leaf. Foliation in pencil using Western numerals.
- Autograph, al-Madīnah (colophon, fol. 37b).
ExtentI, 40 leaves : 213 x 158 (143 x 98) mm. bound to 215 x 167 mm
BindingUpper and lower covers and envelope flap made of brown leather over paper pasteboards. Upper and lower covers are similarly richly blind- and gold-tooled with a central roundel with geometrical motifs and an elaborate outer frame. The envelope flap has a portion of the same frame, with a roundel on its pointe. Embossed leather doublure.
- Robert Garrett, Class of 1897 ;
- Acquired from Abraham Shalom Yahuda, 1942.
- Muḥammad,--Prophet,---632--Biography--Early works to 1800
- Arabic poetry--14th century
- Islamic poetry, Arabic--14th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic--New Jersey--Princeton
- Manuscripts, Arabic--Saudi Arabia--Medina--14th century
- Manuscripts, Arabic--14th century
- These images and the content of Princeton University Library Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 3520Y: Kitāb Naẓm al-durar al-sanīyah fī al-siyar al-zakīyah / are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, Princeton University Library has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Princeton University Library Islamic Manuscripts, Garrett no. 3520Y: Kitāb Naẓm al-durar al-sanīyah fī al-siyar al-zakīyah /. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.