Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 108 Manuscript leaf from Interpretationes Hebraicorum nominum
TitleManuscript leaf from Interpretationes Hebraicorum nominum
Other related names
- Leeche, John, 14th century, former owner
- Barker-Benfield, B. C, former owner
- Lanthony Priory (Gloucestershire, England), former owner
Call numberLJS 108
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957602663503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Leaf containing entries beginning with the letter G, from Gaas to Gareb. The leaf was written in England, ca. 1220, in early Gothic book script, in 2 columns of 32 lines, with the first line of text above the line, frame-ruled in lead. Initials, paragraph marks, and line-fillers in red.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 206 x 150 (145 x 115) mm
- Part of manuscript formerly owned by John Leeche or Leech; possibly the John Leeche who bequeathed 57 manuscripts to Lanthony Priory, near Gloucester, ca. 1361.
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's with other items formerly owned by B. C. Barker-Benfield of the Bodleian Library, 14 Dec. 1977, lot 7, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Hebrew language--Etymology--Early works to 1800
- Etymological dictionaries
- Manuscripts, Latin--13th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 13th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 108: Manuscript leaf from Interpretationes Hebraicorum nominum are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.