Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize LJS 110 John Elys deed :
TitleJohn Elys deed :
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberOversize LJS 110
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9949945603503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Deed of a sale of a life estate by John Elys and his son John to John de Beeleye and his wife Margery, all of Toneworth, Warwickshire. Dated the first Wednesday after the feast of Saint Hillary in the thirty-first regnal year of Edward III (January 1358), in Toneworth. The document states that Robert de Crowenhale, Edward de Middelmor, John Waryn, Richard Russel, John Page, and others were present as witnesses. It is written in 25 long lines, in a notarial hand, and has a parchment tag at the bottom. Words have been erased in two places (in one case with a correction written in the space) and nearly 4 lines have been canceled by crossing out in ink. The document has the undulating upper edge of an indenture and was marked before cutting.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 170 x 245 mm
- Sold by Bernard Quaritch Ltd. (London), cat. 880 (1967), no. 42, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Real property--England--Warwickshire
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize LJS 110: John Elys deed : are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.