Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 115 Manuscript leaf from Summa de poenitentia et matrimonio
TitleManuscript leaf from Summa de poenitentia et matrimonio
- Raymond, of Peñafort, Saint, 1175?-1275
Other related names
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberLJS 115
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9949879143503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Leaf from Liber II, Titulus 7 (De usuris), paragraphs 4-8, of the Summa de poenitentia et matrimonio, a manual for confessors. The parchment leaf, written in the mid-13th century, probably in southern France, is frame-ruled in lead and written in 2 columns of 33 lines (110 x 78 mm.) in proto-Gothic script. Paragraph marks alternate between red and blue, one with extensions; the running headings (II on verso, L on recto) indicate that this leaf is from Liber II.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 178 x 120 mm
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2010.
- Confession--Catholic Church--Handbooks, manuals, etc.--Early works to 1800
- Penance (Canon law)
- Usury--Early works to 1800
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Latin--13th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 13th century
- Instructional materials
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts LJS 115: Manuscript leaf from Summa de poenitentia et matrimonio are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.