Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 180 Letter concerning manufacture of platinum
TitleLetter concerning manufacture of platinum
Other related names
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5783317
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Letter written in Metz, dated 28 April 1768, to the inspector of manufacture of arms in Maubeuge, concerning the production of platinum (platine); signed Boileau. Originally folded for mailing, with address and remnants of sealing wax on former exterior.
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Technology--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
ljs180_item10_ref2.tif (112.0 MB)
ljs180_item10_ref2_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
ljs180_item10_ref2_web.jpg (202.0 KB)