Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 180 Extrait du recueil de 26 machines économiques inventées et presentées à l'empereur des français, roi d'Italie /
TitleExtrait du recueil de 26 machines économiques inventées et presentées à l'empereur des français, roi d'Italie /
- Person, Citoyen
Other related names
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5783332
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Description of models of 5 inventions for rescuing people or precious objects from fire (parafeux), selected from the collection of machines whose models were displayed in the Salon du Louvre from 1792 to Year 8 of the Republic (1799-1800). Concludes with a copy of a testimonial dated 13 nivôse in Year 8 of the Republic (3 January 1800) from Jean Francois Bralle, engineer in chief (ingénieur en chef du Département au Bureau Central). Sewn gathering of 4 bifolia, with later pagination in pencil, 185-197, upper right recto; text block outlined in red ink, some text in red ink.
- A printed edition of the full collection was published under the title Recueil de mécanique relatif a l'agriculture et aux arts et description des machines économiques (Paris: Bernard) in Year 10 of the Republic (1801-1802).
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of his ms. 836.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of his Ms. 11.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Fire extinction--Equipment and supplies
- Fire extinction--History
- Manuscripts, French--19th century
- Manuscripts, European