Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 180 Documents concerning carriages
TitleDocuments concerning carriages
Other related names
- Kraus, Hans Peter, 1907-1988, former owner
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5783307
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageIn French, with English captions on engravings
Engraving with caption A Coach upon a New Construction by the ingenious Mr. Moore (Francis Moore, coach builder of Cheapside, image of 2-wheeled carriage similar to one that appeared above the caption Francis Moore's Vehicle in Pennant Magazine, 1790); manuscript description in French of the carriage, titled Description de la voiture de Mr. Moore (2 leaves); engraving with caption A Contrivance for stopping Carriages descending steep Hills; manuscript description in French, in a different hand, of the second engraving (1 bifolium).
- Formerly owned by Hans Peter Kraus, as part of ms. 836.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), as part of Ms. 11.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Technology--Early works to 1800
- Carriages and carts--Early works to 1800
- Engravings (prints)
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
ljs180_item5_ref1.tif (106.7 MB)
ljs180_item5_ref1_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
ljs180_item5_ref1_web.jpg (281.7 KB)
ljs180_item5_ref3.tif (106.7 MB)
ljs180_item5_ref3_thumb.jpg (3.3 KB)
ljs180_item5_ref3_web.jpg (207.0 KB)