Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 185 Psalter leaves and Matthew leaf
TitlePsalter leaves and Matthew leaf
Other related names
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 185
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5833885
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageCoptic, with headings (f. 1-2) and commentary (f. 5) in Arabic
4 leaves from a Coptic psalter written for the monastery of Saint Anthony on the Red Sea in Egypt, in 14-15 long lines on paper, with 2 headings in Arabic and rubrication and simple ornamentation added in red ink on 2 leaves and green ink used on an initial on 1 leaf. 1 leaf from a different manuscript (on different paper and in a different hand, perhaps more recent), containing the text of Matthew 25.14-24 in Coptic, in 23 long lines, with a narrow column in Arabic to the right of the Coptic text, and simple ornamentation added in red ink.
- Ms. leaves.
Extent5 leaves : 210-214 x 159 (170 x 110) mm. (f. 1-4); 210 x 152 (160 x 100) mm. (f. 5)
- Formerly owned by Dayr Anbā Anṭūniyūs, the monastery of Saint Anthony on the Red Sea (f. 1-4; Stanitz).
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 16.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Coptic monasteries--Egypt
- Coptic monasticism and religious orders
- Coptic manuscripts
- Manuscripts, Digital