Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 209 In libros magnorum moralium questiones selecte
TitleIn libros magnorum moralium questiones selecte
Other related names
- Nigroni, Giovanni Battista, former owner
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 209
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5977518
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Responses to 10 questions on happiness (beatitudo and felicitas), passions (passio), and prudence (prudentia) related to the Magna moralia, an epitome of Aristotelian ethical thought traditionally attributed to Aristotle.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (p. 1).
WatermarkIncludes a cross crosslet or budded cross enclosed in a circle topped with a crown (for example, f. 9-10 gutter)
Extent38 leaves : 205 x 150 (156 x 106-110) mm. bound to 209 x 157 mm
FoliationPaper, i + 38 + i leaves; [i-xx], 1-30, [31-56 (30-56 blank)]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
BindingContemporary (late 17th-century) parchment, gilt-tooled, with floral centerpiece and initials G B N (matches binding of LJS 208, Rare Book & Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania); sprinkled edges.
- Formerly owned by Giovanni Battista Nigroni (binding with initials G B N).
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 40.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.
- Philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Ethics--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
0021_0001.tif (27.2 MB)
0021_0001_thumb.jpg (3.6 KB)
0021_0001_web.jpg (293.7 KB)