Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize LJS 212 Manuscript leaf from expense records
TitleManuscript leaf from expense records
Other related names
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberOversize LJS 212
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957604903503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Record of expenses for mills, mostly fulling mills, in Poligny in the Jura region in eastern France. Fulling mills were facilities for cleansing and felting woolen fabrics. The entries include payments for equipment (for example, a millstone, hammers for fulling, and nails), transport, and labor. The expenses on this leaf are entered under the heading Molins Giraut Barthoz. The entries are written in chancery script by a single hand in 2 columns of 63 lines, a wide column on the left for information about each expense and a narrow column on the right for the cost, ruled in lead.
- Ms. leaf.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent1 leaf (1 item) : 430 x 298 mm
- Appears in Sam Fogg's cat. 16 (1995), no. 69.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 43.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Accounting--France--14th century
- Mills and mill-work--Early works to 1800
- Textile industry--France--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, French--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 14th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize LJS 212: Manuscript leaf from expense records are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.