Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 217 Rapport sur les poids et mesures
TitleRapport sur les poids et mesures
- Société royale académique de Savoie
- Raymond, George-Marie, 1769-1839
Other related names
- Stanitz, John D, former owner
Call numberLJS 217
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5407600
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Excerpt from the register of the deliberations of the Société royale académique de Savoie, most of which is a report from a commission named to investigate the standardization of weights and measures. The report recommends the adoption of specific decimal liquid measures such as liters and the pegging of retained national measures, such as the pied for land area and the grenette de Chambéry for grain volume, to specific percentages of international decimal measures. Information at the end identifies the report as an excerpt, records that the report was unanimously adopted, and is signed by G. M. Raymond, secrétaire perpétuel de la Société (f. 12r).
- Ms. gathering.
- Title from caption title (f. 1r).
Extent14 leaves : 288 x 196 (246 x 97) mm
BindingGathering sewn with silk ribbon, no covers.
- Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 48.
- Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Weights and measures--France--History
- Metric system--History
- Manuscripts, French--19th century
- Manuscripts, Digital