Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize LJS 228 Mathematical tables
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Call numberOversize LJS 228
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206, University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- between 500 and 699
Fragment of board coated with gesso, with a pair of holes along the long side for ties to other boards in a simple codex. 5 columns of Greek numerals demonstrating division by 8 on recto; verso stained dark brown.
- Ms. fragment.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent1 board fragment : 95 x 390 mm
- Appears in Charles Ede Ltd.'s catalog Writing and lettering in antiquity IX (1983), no. 29.
- Formerly held in a private collection in Texas.
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 2 December 1997, lot 93, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Mathematics, Ancient
- Mathematics--Early works to 1800
- fragments (object portions)
- Tables (Data)
- Manuscripts, Greek--6th century
- Manuscripts, Greek--7th century
- 6th century
- 7th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize LJS 228: Mathematical tables are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- To the extent possible under law, University of Pennsylvania Libraries, Lawrence J. Schoenberg Manuscripts has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this metadata about Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize LJS 228: Mathematical tables. This work is published from: United States. For a summary of CC0, see https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. Legal code: https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode.