Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Oversize LJS 231 Statutum habelle communum et terrarum Barge
TitleStatutum habelle communum et terrarum Barge
Other related names
- Feltrinelli, Giannalisa, former owner
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J, former owner
Call numberOversize LJS 231
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9949875283503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
- after 1346
Regulations in 49 chapters concerning the amount of tax (gabella or gabelle) and the conditions under which duty must be paid on internal and external trade in cloth of various kinds and from various sources; hides; various objects made of iron, steel, tin, lead, or brass; wood, worked or not, for various designated purposes; food including cheese, fish, oil, and wine; vessels of glass and clay; building materials such as plaster, tiles, and marble; domestic animals including horses; servants; and grain and other agricultural products, including herbs and spices. Also includes definitions of weights and measures and regulations on retail sale of wine, bread, and oil. The end of the text is missing (after f. 26v). The first and last leaves contain a variety of later additions, including many pen trials and rough sketches in ink (f. 1-2, 27-28). The original was written by the notary Neri ser Petri de Monte Alcino (f. 3r), but this manuscript is written by several hands.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from incipit (f. 3r).
Extent28 leaves : 297 x 208 (221 x 105) mm. bound to 298 x 212 mm
CollationPaper, 28 + i (16th-century?); 1²⁸; [1-28]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto (contemporary foliation in roman numerals in ink, v-xxv, upper right recto, on f. 7-27). References in this record are to modern foliation.
Binding16th-century vellum over pasteboards with remains of 2 pairs of tawed leather ties; title Statuti delle gabelle di Barga dell'anno 1346 written on spine in ink.
Ink sketches of human figures and a monster (f. 27r) and a face in an initial M (f. 28v).
- Formerly owned by Giannalisa Feltrinelli (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Sold at auction at Christie's in Part 2 of the sale of the Feltrinelli collection, 3 Dec. 1997, lot 210, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.
- Laws (documents)
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize LJS 231: Statutum habelle communum et terrarum Barge are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0217_0001.tif (56.5 MB)
0217_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
0217_0001_web.jpg (220.1 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover
0217_0054.tif (56.5 MB)
0217_0054_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
0217_0054_web.jpg (267.8 KB)
Decoration: Drawing, Human figures with monster and pointing hand, f. 27r
0217_0057.tif (56.5 MB)
0217_0057_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
0217_0057_web.jpg (286.3 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial M, Face, f. 28v