Collection ID: 0001 | Metadata type: TEI | |
LJS 313 Causa secretionis liquorum a sanguine in corpore animali :
TitleCausa secretionis liquorum a sanguine in corpore animali :
- Leibniz, Gottfried Wilhelm, Freiherr von, 1646-1716
Other related names
- Michelotti, Pietro Antonio, 1673-1740, recipient
Call numberLJS 313
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5761341
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Scientific notes written by Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz, probably in Germany. The notes concern the secretion and separation of bodily fluids in animals and are closely related to a letter written by Leibniz in September 1715 to the Venetian mathematician and physician Pietro Antonio Michelotti on these subjects, which appeared as an appendix to a work published by Michelotti in 1721. The leaf is written in 51 lines, recto only, on the left half of the page, with numerous corrections, revisions, and additions, both interlinear and on the right half of the page.
- Ms. leaf.
- Title from opening heading.
Extent1 328 x 210 (270 x 110) mm
- Sold at auction at Sotheby's, 17 June 1999, lot 53, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.
- Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- Body fluids--Early works to 1800
- Medicine--Early works to 1800
- Physiology--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--18th century
- Manuscripts, European